It’s very easy to think about what we miss about Vermont and how we’d like things to be different in China. But with only a month and a half left in our China and Asian experience, it’s becoming clear that we’ll miss many things about this place. Here’s a beginning list:
(1) Huge family style dinners with friends at very inexpensive prices.
(2) The wonderful Chinese food…especially jia chang dofu lajio (spice home style tofu), any style of eggplant, men tau (steamed buns), and bing (filled dough pasteries).
(3) The subway, walking nearly everywhere, and not needing a car.
(4) Being located in a gateway to the rest of Southeast Asia.
(5) The parks, and the activities in them (dancing, singing, kids playing),